What do you say when you’re not quite sure what to say? You say whatever it is you feel, I suppose. That’s the funny thing about writer’s block. It can be so overpowering, so overshadowing, but in reality it has no place. There is always a story to tell. It’s only a matter of finding the story.
Perhaps that’s the journalism education sneaking out, but just like striking up a conversation with the stranger standing next to you in line, you really never know where conversation may lead until you open it up. So while I believe there might not be any sort of groundbreaking thoughts in the following random musing, you never know who’s listening (reading) and who might connect with them.
Here’s what’s on my mind tonight:
- Winter has never made it onto any sort of “favorites” list of mine, but winter citrus, now that’s a different story. I just finished a grapefruit and it just proved in-season fruit kicks major butt. I also eat grapefruit in my (family’s) own special way. Peel it like an orange and get more fruit. It really just makes sense.
- Country music makes me miss summer reallll bad. I don’t know what it is, but I think the twang and stories sound better in sunshine with a cold beer in my hand. At least that’s what country songs make me feel like doing. In any event, I’m already counting the days until I slip on my cowboy boots and see Jason Aldean at Wrigley Field in July.
- I wish I could play the piano like Alicia Keys. I can read music. I should work on that.
- I can’t stop thinking about this Super Bowl ad, especially since I’ve been reading The Omnivore’s Dilemma. Do yourself a favor and learn where your food comes from, it’s eye-opening. Then go find a responsible, sustainable farmer and thank him or her.
- Have you ever tried Naked Juice? I’m currently obsessed with The Green Machine and Power-C smoothies. So many nutrients, so little time. Makes me feel a part of this juicing trend without having to buy a fancy juicer.
What’s on your mind today?